This Privacy Notice explains how we at Bijou Beach Cottage use any personal information we collect about you.
What information we collect about you
When you make a booking with us we collect the names of all the guests who will be staying, the home address, email address and telephone number of the person making the booking. We also collect a debit or credit card number to take payment.
How we use the information we hold on you
We use your home address as part of the card payment processing to validate the card.
We will use your email address to send you confirmation of the booking and an email with more details on how to find us and other information you may find useful for your stay.
After your stay you will receive an automatic email from our booking system asking you to fill in a feedback form. We also send you an additional email checking everything was ok with your stay and offering you ways to stay in contact with us by social media or email if you choose to do so.
We use your telephone number to contact you regarding your stay or for an emergency or we have been unable to contact you by email.
How your data is stored
All of the personal and debit/credit card data you supply us, as part of the booking process, is stored securely on a third party system, Freetobook.
Neither we nor Freetobook will share your information with any third party unless there is a legal reason for doing so.
We would like to stay in touch with you to send information about Bijou Beach Cottage, any special offers we may have or local events. We send occasional emails (normally no more than one a month ) to people on our distribution list. The distribution list is managed by a secure third party, MailChimp.
You may change your preferences or unsubscribe via MailChimp at any time.
Neither we nor MailChimp will pass your details on to any third party.
We are required by law to collect the following information on all our guests. We do this by asking you to complete a registration form on arrival.
For commonwealth guests:
- Name and nationalityFor non-commonwealth guests:
- Name, nationality, passport number, address of next destinationWe will keep these forms safely in a locked cupboard. We are required to keep these registration forms for a year and show them to a police officer if they request to see them. We will destroy these forms 12 months after your stay.You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of this information please email us at email@example.comCookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.Surveillance Cameras
- We do not have any surveillance cameras.
- You can set your browser not to accept cookies. See www.aboutcookies.org for more information.
- Access to your information